Two comics to perform stand-up each month at Maggie Mae’s, first show tonight

Maggie Mae’s, 41-15 Queens Blvd.

June 1, By Christian Murray

Two comics are bringing stand-up to Sunnyside performing each month at Maggie Mae’s.

Cory Jarvis, a Sunnyside resident who has performed at several festivals, and Brian Jian, a comedian from Manhattan, will be putting on a show on the first Thursday of every month in the downstairs space at Maggie Mae’s (41-15 Queens Blvd).

The shows are free and run from 8:00pm to 9:30pm. The first show is tonight.

Each month five or six comics will perform.

Jarvis said that a lot of Sunnyside residents are interested in stand-up and residents will no longer need leave the neighborhood see quality performers.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

Fan of Dough boy park

“Don’t you hate pants?!?” The best comic ever, Homer Simpson

Jonny One

Everyone is a critic. Well done to the guy for giving something ago… for you moaners go back to your passive aggressive internet comment logs

El loco

I think based on the warm reception that I’ve received from SUNNYSIDE Post fans I will try my hand at one of the comedy shows. Come on out and bring the kids. Lol, lol. Hee, hee.

Oil, beef, hooked

What better place to avoid drunks than —- a bar.

Is all your material this funny?

Hoof Hearted

“You can to Manhattan or go a few steps around the corner and avoid the drunk Mets fans on the 7 train,” he said.”

Yeah, because the best place to avoid drunks is a bar.

I hope his jokes are better than that.

Part eggplant

I assume Jarvis was making a joke regarding drunk mets fans. Pretty lame. His stand up material must really suck.

SuperWittySmitty

I’ve been on 4 trains with drunken Yankee fans (back in the late 90s) and it was truly horrible, going there AND coming home. I’ve never had a bad experience on the 7 train- Mets fans are nice, attractive, and well-behaved. I can’t even recall seeing anyone that was drunk!

Still, if a comedian wants to make a joke about it, no big deal. As a Mets fan, I’m pretty tolerant.