June 6, 2013 Staff Report
One of Sunnyside’s Dunkin’ Donuts stores was closed by the health department on Tuesday.
The franchise located at 41-28 Queens Bld was shut down for failing to keep its cold food items below 41 degrees.
The store closed Tuesday afternoon and reopened Wednesday afternoon.
A member of Dunkin’ Donuts’ corporate office was in the store Thursday and said that “there were some refrigeration issues that were quickly taken care of.”
1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
2) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
3) Insufficient or no refrigerated or hot holding equipment to keep potentially hazardous foods at required temperatures.
4) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
5) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.