June 6, 2013 Staff Report
One of Sunnyside’s Dunkin’ Donuts stores was closed by the health department on Tuesday.
The franchise located at 41-28 Queens Bld was shut down for failing to keep its cold food items below 41 degrees.
The store closed Tuesday afternoon and reopened Wednesday afternoon.
A member of Dunkin’ Donuts’ corporate office was in the store Thursday and said that “there were some refrigeration issues that were quickly taken care of.”
1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
2) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
3) Insufficient or no refrigerated or hot holding equipment to keep potentially hazardous foods at required temperatures.
4) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
5) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
My wife tried to order iced coffee in this DD.
Wife: Can I have a large iced coffee?
Server: No we don’t sell that.
Wife: Do you have coffee?
Wife: Do you have ice?
Wife: Fill a large cup 1/2 way with ice, fill with coffee.
Server: I can’t do that. We don’t sell that.
Me: Son, is there something wrong with you?
No!! Where will I find another Dunkin Donuts?
This is indeed shocking, since I live only a block away. The entire surrounding area might have been contaminated.
The women who work during the morning are excellent. They are fast…and provide superior service to any place that serves coffee. Sorry they didn’t bend over backwards to fix your little gum problem, Wahhhhhhhh
The ones who work later in the day are not so good but the guys who work at night are complete morons. But I guess with that level of stupidity I would rather have them serving me coffee than driving a taxi.
While I agree the HD is corrupt, I think this DD store is one of the worst. Flies indeed. Trash always strewn about – I never feel like staying. To their defense, they get a lot of school kids stopping in. Worst though, is the way service treats you (lucky them the HD can’t issue a violation). I’m sorry you hate your job and I am asking for a water because gum that was attached to your floor is now stuck to my shoe! You have no right copping an attitude at those prices!! Loyalty is where business matters and it starts with customer service!
Maybe take some initiative that amounts to more than complaining?
Pure corruption from the city. A way to make money by bullying tactics. The rules change from place to place. Shocked they are still getting away with it !!
I do, nothing ever happens on the South Side
Who says nothing is ever done for the South side?
Time to inspect the donuts
Not surprising, stopped going in years ago because of the flies all over the donuts and uncovered food. Too bad, coffee is good, ice cream good, donuts delicious . . .
There are much worse violations . . . on the other hand, the inspection is never a surprise, so it’s kind of sketchy this would happen even when they knew someone was coming.