Family optometry opens on Skillman Avenue in former Apollonia Gallery site

Aug. 2, 2017 By Nathaly Pesantez

A family optometry practice has opened on Skillman Avenue in the former site of the Apollonia Gallery.

C Clearly, located at 48-14 Skillman Avenue, officially opened its doors on July 29, and offers eye examinations along with products like eyeglasses, contact lenses, and fashion eyewear for people of all ages, from children to seniors.

Christa Cavallaro, the owner of the shop, has been a practicing optometrist since 1998, and used to work at Pearle Vision on Queens Boulevard between 48th and 49th Street.

Cavallaro, a Woodside resident, has planned on opening an independent shop for a long time, and describes her store as having a friendly feel with a boutique look.

“We wanted to bring more care, better products, better service, and a friendly environment,” she said. “We don’t want our patients and customers to feel like a number. “

Cavallaro is adding new insurances as she settles in, and a website for the store is coming soon.
Information and updates on the practice, including hours and services, can be viewed on Facebook and Instagram.

C Clearly is offering $20.00 off a routine eye exam or contact lens exam to uninsured, self-pay patients who come in from August 8 to August 31.

“What am I most looking forward to? Seeing old faces and new ones,” Cavallaro said.

C Clearly interior, photo provided by the shop.

Anonymous

Best word to describe Dr. Cavallero (FANTASTIC) !!!. She has been our eye doctor for years. We are so Happy for you.

All the Best,

Debra & Martina

Jamie McShane

Christa is a top notch eye doctor and a wonderful parent. We are fortunate to have a neighbor willing to make this investment in our community. Everybody please support her and make sure this new business thrives.

Bulimic Panda

My last eye doctor put me to sleep and when I woke up was wearing green pants that weren’t mine and had better vision. I’ll give this doctor a try but will demand they put on my chart I don’t like green. I pray for 20/20 vision for everyone in Sunnyside but not Woodside. Amen.

Hoof Hearted

Apollonia was a great place but I didn’t but I didn’t think it would last long.

Anonymous

Christa, so proud of you and so glad this has come to fruition. Christa has been my eye doctor for many years. An amazing eye doctor and she has the lovely Maria to run the front of house. Amazing team. Go Girls??? You are an eymazing addition to the neighborhood???? Maura and Johnny…?????☘️

Liz

Never thought I’d be jazzed about an optometrist opening up a shop but after a few bad run ins with eye doctors in Astoria and Woodside – I’m super pumped for this! Congrats Dr. Cavallaro!

Alma

Dr. Cavallaro is a wonderful, caring, and experienced doctor!! My family and I are very excited for her. Looking forward to our next appointment. Congratulations once again!!

Joe

I found him to be very insensitive. Didn’t listen to my problems. I told him i had mother issues but he wasn’t concerned. Ughh.