Three COVID-19 Vaccination Sites to Open in Queens Next Week

The DOH is opening a vaccine hub at Aviation High School at 45-30 36th St. in Long Island City (Google Maps)

Jan. 6, 2021 By Allie Griffin

Three COVID-19 vaccination sites will open in Queens next week, the New York City Health Commissioner announced Wednesday.

The sites will open on Friday, Jan. 15 and health care workers — along with others who qualify — will be able to receive the vaccine. The sites will be open seven days a week, by appointment only.

The three “vaccine hubs” are located at schools in Long Island City, Springfield Gardens and on the Rockaway Peninsula.

The announcement of the three sites comes two days after the DOH said it would open its first “vaccine hub” in Queens this Sunday at Hillcrest High School in Jamaica Hills. That site is now accepting appointments and will be open daily.

The city will have four sites in Queens, which will be among 15 citywide where eligible residents can be vaccinated. The city aims to vaccinate more than 100,000 New Yorkers weekly at the 15 sites, Health Commissioner Dave Chokshi said.

All sites will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Queens residents who are eligible for the first phase of coronavirus vaccinations can also be vaccinated at a handful of federally approved urgent care centers.

RendrCare and Statcare are accepting appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations at their Flushing, Astoria, Jackson Heights and Jamaica locations.

The city has set up a website that details who is currently eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine and where to get the vaccine.

The three sites opening Jan. 15 are:

Aviation High School, located at 45-30 36th St. in Long Island City

August Martin High School, located at 156-10 Baisley Blvd. in Springfield Gardens

Beach Channel Educational Campus, located at 100-00 Beach Channel Dr. on the Rockaway Peninsula

Robert Birjandi

I am 73 years old and every day I tried to make an appointment covid 19 vaccination each sides that I tried said no appointment is available

Anicia Beltran

Shall I get my second dose of vaccine at this same site where I got the first Moderna vaccine dose? Scheduled on 2/16/21 for the second dose.

Sharon Fialco

I received my first Moderna vaccine at August Martin high school and was given a date for February 15 to return.
However I was not given a time of day to return.
Can I show up anytime during that day?

Rita Cohen

Need vaccines I’m 89 years old. Hubby 91. Please help find. Live in Queens New York. Willing to travel if need to

joseph and dorothy dowling

requesting to be included the schedule of appointments base on the fact we are at high risk and 80 and 75 years of age

William. Grusel

I am 68 years old and I am retired hospital police and looking. To take. Vaccine we’re do I go. I live in woodhaven. Queens

Victoria Septh

I would like to schedule appt for COVID vaccination at August Martin HS
In Jamaica , NY 11434 please advise.

Pradip D Naik

I am 70 yrs old man & why I can’t a place for Covid-19 vaccine center in South Richmond Hill, Queens. My zip code i 11419 & i’ve no car.

Judy D Guttsman

I would like to receive the Covid vaccine at Aviation H.S. on Friday, Jan. 15 or as soon as possible. I am 77 years of age and disabled, but also was told by my hematologist/oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering after six aggressive chemotherapy treatments for high grade lymphoma.