You are reading

Taste of Woodside to Take Place Nov. 12, About 20 Restaurants Expected

Taste-of-Woodside-475x356

Taste of Woodside 2014

Nov. 4, 2015 By Christian Murray

Get ready to sample the diverse food of Woodside.

Woodside on the Move, a local non-profit, will be hosting its fourth annual “Taste of Woodside” on Nov. 12 and plans to showcase the cuisine offered by as many as 20 local restaurants.

The goal of the event is to entice residents to try different restaurants and to let foodies throughout the city know that Woodside is a destination for quality cuisine.

“We want to show people that we have great restaurants in Woodside and that people can get good food here,” said Adriana Beltran, who is in managing the event for Woodside on the Move.

Attendees will be able to sample each restaurant’s food, Beltran said, so they will be able to get an appreciation of the diverse cuisine on offer in Woodside.

 

Beltran said that at least 18 restaurants are expected to turn out for the event, with Ottomanelli’s (burgers), Donovan’s Pub (Irish), Payag Restaurant (Filipino), Casa del Chef (New American), La Adelita (Mexican), Donato’s Italian Restaurant, SriPraPhai Thai Restaurant, Los Verdes (Colombian) and Copper Kettle (Irish) already signed up.

This year’s event will be take place at Gulshan Terrace, located at 59-15 37th Avenue.

The event will cost $30 and will run from 6pm-9pm.

“Each restaurant will provide samples of their signature food,” Beltran said.

This year’s event is expected to attract about 120 attendees, Beltran said. Last year, about 100 people attended.

Gulshan TerraceDetails:

Date: Nov. 12

Time: 6 pm-9pm

Location: Gulshan Terrace

Address: 59-15 37th Avenue

Admission price: $30

For more information, please click here.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.