Nov. 16, 2017 By Nathaly Pesantez
Rosario’s Ihawan, the Filipino restaurant in Woodside, has been temporarily shut down by the Department of Health.
The restaurant, located at 40-09 69th St., closed after a Nov. 14 inspection revealed several sanitary violations, including four in the “critical” range. DOH inspectors found evidence of mice present in the facility, along with filth flies. Inspectors also observed either tobacco use, eating, or drinking from an open container in a food preparation, food storage, or a dish-washing area.
Other violations include a non-vermin proof facility and a lack of an accurate thermometer in refrigerated or hot holding equipment.
The Filipino restaurant, which opened over the summer, specializes in “lutong bahay”, meaning home-cooked meals. Menu items include pancit–noddle based dishes, barbecued meats, and seafood. The owners also have a restaurants in New Jersey and Elmhurst.
Full list of sanitary violations, with the first four labeled “critical”:
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
4) Tobacco use, eating, or drinking from open container in food preparation, food storage or dishwashing area observed.
5) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
6) Accurate thermometer not provided in refrigerated or hot holding equipment.
I ordered Pancit Sotanghon and they had 5 pieces chorizo, no pork , no chicken, s few strips of carrots and very little cabbage either! They must have added broth to give taste to the sotanghon and a little soy sauce. Shame on you! And you charged me full price! Never again! I didn’t ask for a discount.
Never eat at these restaurants. All filthy by Roosevelt and 69st / 70st. Phil am filthy too. Renee dirty tard
Ha first on 70st now here.
Another kitchen that was tainted by El Loco the so-called Chef. Lily recognized his poor skills and fired him right away