You are reading

Queens Man Indicted for Allegedly Beating His 3-Year-old Son to Death Inside Elmhurst Shelter: DA

A Queens man has been indicted for murder for allegedly beating his 3-year-old son to death at the Pan American homeless shelter located at 79-00 Queens Blvd. (GMaps)

Dec. 21, 2022 By Christian Murray

A Queens man has been indicted on murder charges for allegedly beating his 3-year-old son to death last month at a shelter in Elmhurst.

Shaquan Butler, 26, allegedly struck his 3-year-old son multiple times at the Pan American shelter on Queens Boulevard causing lacerations to the child’s liver and internal bleeding. The medical examiner determined that the child had significant internal bleeding and died from blunt force trauma to his torso.

The incident allegedly took place inside an apartment at around 7:40 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 13 and the child’s mother and two young siblings were present. Authorities also said one of the other children, a 2-year-old, also had physical injuries consistent with child abuse.

Butler was arraigned Tuesday on an eleven-count indictment charging him with murder in the second degree, two counts of manslaughter in the first degree, manslaughter in the second degree, assault in the second degree and six counts of endangering the welfare of a child. He faces up to 40 years to life in prison if convicted.

“As alleged, this parent failed his primary duty as a protector, killing one of his own children by callous force and allegedly injured another,” said Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz. “We will not forget this child. The defendant will be held fully accountable for his actions.”

email the author: news@queenspost.com

11 Comments

Click for Comments 
Vixtor

How can you do that to your son your son?
Taxe payer there is you money going.
Thank you Addams
Don’t be soft with this people

20
2
Reply
This was dumblazzio too.

That ridiculous reaction when Zymere Perkins was killed… All the tears and reassurance that cps would be held responsible. Cps sent this child back to the ‘parents’ a month before he was killed.

Reply
@Glenn or Glenda

What were you reading? Victor wasn’t anywhere near graphic. Go home to your mommy, snowflake.

Reply
A mom

He should get more than 40 yrs .The dirt bag is 26 yrs when he gets out he will be 66 thats if they dont release him earlier. Hope he rots .

20
2
Reply
He should get the chair.

Plain and simple. Why does he get to live and get three hots and a cot when HIS SON lies cold and dead AT THE HANDS OF HIM???

Reply
Clownatorium

” He faces up to 40 years if convicted” but he’ll plea to 20 to 25 and will be at in 15.
Shaquan will be out in his mid 40s ready to move back into the pan am. There is no justice or protection of society. Disgraceful!

20
2
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.