You are reading

NYPD: Men who robbed Sunnyside cellphone store at gunpoint last month strike two other Queens stores

Sprint store in Sunnyside robbed Nov. 20

Suspect (Photo from Elmhurst incident)

Dec. 26, 2016 By Christian Murray

The two men who allegedly robbed the Sprint store at gunpoint in Sunnyside last month have struck two other Queens cell-phone stores since—one in Elmhurst and the other in Corona, according to police.

The men entered T-Mobile at 86-16 Queens Boulevard in Elmhurst on Saturday, December 3, at around 5:35 pm, displayed a firearm and then ordered all the employees to go to the rear of the store. The perpetrators, according to police, allegedly took $600 worth of property and fled the store.

The police said an employee at the T-Mobile chased after the perpetrators and was fired at by one of the suspects. No one was injured.

The Corona robbery took place at the Sprint store at 37-50 Junction Blvd on Wednesday, December 21, at around 12:15 pm. The two men entered the store, produced a firearm and then ordered an employee and two customers to the back of the store where they were bound with tape, police said.

The men allegedly removed 218 devices—including iPhones, iPads, Samsung cellphones and tablets—as well as $800 in cash. They also took $700 from one of the customers and $400 from the other. The employee was forced to hand over $30.

Suspect (Photo from Elmhurst incident)

The men then fled.

These incidents come just weeks after the Sprint store at 46-31 Greenpoint Avenue was robbed. On that occasion, the men entered the store at about 12:35 pm, November 20, displayed a firearm and approached a 22-year-old female employee.  They took off with 45 iPhones and $3,500.

The police have surveillance photos from the Elmhurst incident.

They describe the suspects as both being black, with one of the suspects being approximately 5’10,” of dark complexion and having a Caesar style haircut. That man was wearing a black baseball hat, black face mask, a black hooded sweatshirt, black paints and tan gloves.

The second suspect is approximately 6’2” and 250 pounds, with dark complexion and dread locks. He was wearing a brown coat, a blue hooded sweatshirt, black pants, tan shoes and a tan shirt over his face.

Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to call NYPD’s Crimestoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477)

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com

4 Comments

Click for Comments 
I am Spartacus

A Caesar haircut? He is turning in his grave over these punks stealing his style. Seriously, this is disgusting. I guess the store owners and workers need to take those “self defense” classes that Jimmy Van Bramer is offering.

Reply
joe crowley wishes you a Happy Tuseday after Christmas

surely once these aspiring rappers hit it big they will stop.

Reply
rikki

day after day after day its never a Greek a Vietnamese a Russian an Indian a Jew or even an African tribe member, and they wonder why they are followed and searched more often than anyone else.

Reply
Me

I guess they know that these stores are sitting duck and that it will take forever for the first response by NYPD. How long did they take to show up? What were they driving or did they just hop on the 7 train? Seriously, we need to arm our store owners and get them to shoot these low life scums. Do we have to wait until they actually hurt someone before we take action? Sure it’s just money let them take and get away, I don’t care about that either but it’s not long before these thugs get the courage to start robbing people out on the street.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Sen. Ramos delivers potential death blow to Mets owner’s dream of a casino alongside Citi Field

State Senator Jessica Ramos dealt a serious blow Tuesday to New York Mets owner Steve Cohen’s dream of building a massive casino and entertainment complex on the parking lot adjoining Citi Field where Shea Stadium once stood.

Ramos announced she would not support the $8 billion Metropolitan Park proposal, rejecting major pressure from her colleagues in government, including Queens Borough President Donovan Richards, and community leaders from nearby neighborhoods, who urged her to support permitted use legislation that would be required to build the complex on state-owned public parkland.