You are reading

New Yorkers 50 and Older Can Get the COVID-19 Vaccine Starting Tuesday

(Photo: Don Pollard/Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo)

March 22, 2021 By Allie Griffin

New Yorkers as young as 50 years old will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine beginning tomorrow morning, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Monday.

Cuomo lowered the current vaccine-eligibility age — which is 60 in New York State — by ten years. He first lowered it from 65 years old to 60 years old on March 10.

Those 50 and older will be able to make appointments and get the shot starting at 8 a.m. tomorrow, he said.

“We are dropping the age as we are vaccinating more people,” Cuomo said. “Tomorrow morning — 50 and above — make your appointment and get your vaccine.”

He made the announcement while speaking alongside Black clergy leaders at a church in Mount Vernon.

About 7 million New Yorkers have been vaccinated for COVID-19 to date, Cuomo said.

On Sunday, he announced that pharmacies can begin vaccinating people with underlying health conditions. Previously, pharmacies were only permitted to vaccinate teachers and seniors.

To make an appointment go to https://vax4nyc.nyc.gov/patient/s/ or call 877-VAX-4NYC or 877-829-4692.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

3 Comments

Click for Comments 
Linda

Everything is opening back up in the city. People are celebrating and excited about this. But then they tell us to be very careful of the NYC covid variant which is more contagious and may be deadlier. Its all very confusing. The weather is getting warmer and its a lot harder to breathe wearing a double mask.

Reply
David

So does that mean 50+ can get the vaccine at pharmacies? Or are pharmacies only giving them to people with health conditions?

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.