May 23, 2014 By Christian Murray
New Post Coffee Shop was shut down Wednesday by the New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.
The diner, located at 40-01 Queens Boulevard, was closed based on the following (search link):
Violation points: 62
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
6) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
7) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
8) Accurate thermometer not provided in refrigerated or hot holding equipment.
This was the second time New Post has been closed by the department in a little over 18 months. It was ordered shut in October, 2012 (see story).