Oct. 20, 2012 By Bill Parry
The New Post Coffee Shop (40-01 Queens Blvd.) was shut down by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on Wednesday. The diner, which racked up 67 violation points, will be closed until it can pass a re-inspection.
An employee who answered the door said, “We are working to fix everything and we should have an inspection tomorrow. We should be open soon.”
The diner was written up for the following:
1) Cold food items held above 41 degrees…except during necessary preparation.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
4) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food /refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
6) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
7) Facility not vermin proof, Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
8) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.