You are reading

Maspeth Man Charged With Murder for Fatal Stabbing in Woodside Last Month

A Maspeth man has been charged with murder for the fatal stabbing of Freddy Jimenez, pictured, in Woodside last month (Photo iStock and GoFundMe)

Oct. 11, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

A Maspeth man has been charged with murder for a fatal stabbing that took place in Woodside last month.

Olmedo Osorio, 46, was indicted by a Queens grand jury Tuesday and charged with murder in the second degree for the stabbing death of 55-year-old Freddy Jimenez on Sept. 19, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.

Osorio, according to the charges, allegedly stabbed Jimenez multiple times with a knife at a bus stop near the intersection of 69th Street and Roosevelt Avenue at around 2:40 a.m. after the pair got into an argument. He then fled the scene eastbound on Roosevelt Avenue, police said.

Jimenez, of 71st Street in Woodside, was transported by EMS to NYC Health & Hospitals/Queens with stab wounds to the stomach but could not be saved.

The NYPD later recovered the knife from a nearby backyard, Katz said.

Osorio and Jimenez had been drinking together and had been intoxicated, according to previous police reports. It is unclear where they had been drinking prior to the attack, or what prompted the dispute.

“As alleged, the defendant viciously took the life of another man over little more than a heated exchange of words on the street,” Katz said. “We will not tolerate violence infiltrating our daily interactions and destroying of our sense of public safety in Queens County.”

Osorio was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon and tampering with physical evidence. If convicted, Osorio faces 25 years to life in prison.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

One Comment

Click for Comments 

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.