Frozen Yogurt store ‘4 Squared Flavors’ Reopens After Being Closed For Winter

4squared

Photo: QueensPost

March 3, 2015 By Christian Murray

The frozen yogurt store 4 Squared Flavors reopened March 1st after being closed for winter.

Khalil Nayl, the co-owner of the 45-12 Greenpoint Avenue store, said its business as usual after being closed since November 1st.

Nayl said that the landlord was very supportive of the store during the winter months, providing a discounted rent.

4 Squared Flavors, which officially opened in March 2014, continues to offer 16 flavors, including: Irish mint, mango tango sorbet, red velvet cake, pistachio, very strawberry, cookies ‘n cream, New York cheesecake, and blueberry.

The store’s walls remain the same–painted pink and green.

CircleK

@Hello- I am indeed a transplant (2010) but I have had family here in SS since before WWII. Many are buried at Calvary, while most living have moved away. Me, I plan on staying. So, back to the article… The yogurt store would have served the community and its online newspaper better had it purchased an ad on SP and announced their reopening. Instead they got SP to write about it. I hope for SP’s sake they don’t start allowing every retail operation here to do lame press releases like this piece was. Yes, as a community we deserve to know about retail news involving new ownership, renovations, new leases, etc., but nothing about this piece is newsworthy to readers. Ice cream flavors and same pink walls? About 90% of it reads like an advertisement. Yogurt guy saved money while hibernating, so he can afford an ad! My efforts here are hopefully saving readers from having to read this again next year, albeit some change in flavors.

CircleK

I was 13 yrs old when I wrote an article for class about the variety of bagels offered at my school’s cafeteria. My teacher said it was well written, descriptive and all, but he gave me a bad grade for the subject material. Nine out of ten responses I got were, “bagels?!….seriously?!” I was teased for about half the school year. Kids joked about me bedding bagels, and how my next article would likely be about toilet papers or hallway signs. I felt like I was that kid again when reading this piece. Sorry, I do like a lot of the material here, but this yogurt piece seems like small town news. Really small town…news. I’m happy to write an investigative piece on how landlords in Sunnyside are reaping the benefits of higher rents without dealing with rampant bed bug issues or broken elevators and leaky plumbing. And worse, how they don’t offer bagels when we’re SOL.

Hello

You must be a transplant that doesn’t realize Sunnyside was once a small town, a hidden gem before you arrived.
Any type of news going on in Sunnyside, whether it be about a business, resident, event, etc., should be reported here. It brings awareness of what is going on within the community.

OldenDays

and we’ve got that charming small-town mentality….”us vs. them”…”if you weren’t born here than you might as well leave”

CircleK

@Hello- I am indeed a transplant (2010) but I have had family here in SS since before WWII. Many are buried at Calvary, while most living have moved away. Me, I plan on staying. So, back to the article… The yogurt store would have served the community and its online newspaper better had it purchased an ad on SP and announced their reopening. Instead they got SP to write about it. I hope for SP’s sake they don’t start allowing every retail operation here to do lame press releases like this piece was. Yes, as a community we deserve to know about retail news involving new ownership, renovations, new leases, etc., but nothing about this piece is newsworthy to readers. Ice cream flavors and same pink walls? 90% of it reads like an advertisement. Yogurt guy saved money while hibernating, so he can afford an ad! My efforts here are hopefully saving readers from having to read this again next year, albeit some change in flavors.

MaryKate

@CircleK

Here is a newsflash for you. If a building is rampant with bedbugs, leaky plumbing and broken elevators and people still live there its because its cheap! If it were Market rent no one would put up with it nor should they have to. The landlord charging market rent is making money and can fix the problem. If you live in a cheap a** building then its only because you are paying cheap a** rent.

CircleK

@MaryKate- My stabilized rent is below market by 15% and I’m in one of the cleanest and best maintained bldgs in SS; however, I’ve been shopping around for something much larger. Considering how many bldgs there are in SS, I’m surprised to see most of the vacancies offered are in poorly maintained bldgs, and most of the units I’ve seen offer nothing more than a fresh coat of paint. I also make a point of introducing myself to tenants in other bldgs so I can uncover as much ugliness about their bldg and make an informed decision when I see something I like. I’ve learned way too many bldgs here in SS have issues that can easily be controlled and remedied. There are of course many pros that exist, but the apartment stock here in SS needs help.

waffle house fan

***Sunnyside Post, please stop with the verifying robot thing, this squiggley alien text thing is killing me. I have to keep hitting pass until I can find one that I can take a halfway decent shot at reading. They are all nearly impossible to read. Yeah, And Im a human!

“Sxngyfhk table” – wtf does that mean???
“BRagnikd War”???

LocalFromSunnyside

I think it’s great that they’ve reopened! Sure, maybe it’s a little strange to close down for a season, but it’s understandable seeing as how there isn’t much of a point keeping a froyo place open when not a lot of people will come to buy it.

While Yogurtberry remains open through the winter, that’s their own choice, and I think to see that there are now two froyo places in Sunnyside, one on either busy street running through the neighborhood! Both Four Squared AND Yogurtberry have delicious froyo, so I suggest you check them out before next winter!

The people who work at both stores are equally friendly and helpful. I love how you can get so many different types of food in this neighborhood, and the more that contribute the merrier! Again, glad to see this place as reopened! Looking forwrad to having some of that Irish Mint soon!