You are reading

Deputies Raid Unlicensed Jackson Heights Bar Packed With 300 Partygoers

Sheriffs raided an underground bar at Sueno Americano Sunday (NYC Sheriff via Twitter)

Feb. 22, 2021 By Allie Griffin

Sherriff deputies busted a crowded underground bar in Jackson Heights early Sunday morning where more than 300 unmasked partygoers were packed into a basement.

The officers discovered the unlicensed bar operating out of a basement at Sueño Americano, located at 35-16 Junction Blvd., shortly after midnight, authorities said.

The deputies observed people — split into small groups — trickle into the basement over the course of three hours, according to reports.

Sheriffs raided an underground bar at Sueno Americano Sunday (NYC Sheriff via Twitter)

The officers entered the club and found patrons packed together without masks–dancing, smoking hookah and drinking. They also found that all four exits of the establishment were bolted shut from the inside, sealing the crowd in.

Deputies ticketed the business, a DJ and several patrons for violation of the state emergency order, health code violations and various misdemeanors. The business was also charged for operating without a liquor license.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

7 Comments

Click for Comments 
LIBERALS WRITE THE SILLIEST THINGS!

When you drive people underground, this is what happens. And yet we are told that this community does not have access to the vaccines and is discriminated against. Which is it?

7818
9
Reply
So true.

The level of manipulation and lack of common sense is horrible. One step forward and three step backwards.

13
3
Reply
Hashtagger loves to politicize

These parties have been going on since the 70’s when me and my family sold our home in Corona.

4
2
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: grand larcenies down across borough, rapes halved in the north, robberies decrease in the south

Apr. 17, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of grand larcenies across Queens was down during the 28-day period from March 18 to April 14, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Monday. At the same time, rapes and robberies decreased significantly in northern and southern Queens, respectively.