You are reading

Bronx Resident Arrested for Fatal Shooting of Man in Long Island City Last Year

A man has been arrested for the fatal shooting of Vickram Sewsankar, pictured, who was gunned down in Long Island City last year (Photo by Michael Dorgan, Queens Post, taken from a temporary memorial that went up on Borden Avenue and 2nd Street on Sept. 9, 2020)

Nov. 10, 2021 By Michael Dorgan

A Bronx resident has been nabbed for the shooting death of a man in the Hunters Point section of Long Island City last year.

Hector Crespo, 26, was arrested Tuesday night and charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon for the Sept. 3, 2020 killing of Vickram Sewsankar, who was fatally shot on Borden Avenue near 2nd Street.

Crespo allegedly shot Sewsankar in the stomach at around 6:50 p.m. following a dispute over a parking space. The police at the time said that the shooter then fled the scene with a passenger in a gray BMW.

Sewsankar, 25, a resident of South Ozone Park in Queens, later died at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell. A temporary memorial went up after the shooting near where Sewsankar was murdered.

Crespo has one prior arrest for assault in 2018, police said. He was awaiting arraignment in Queens Criminal Court Wednesday.

A temporary memorial was set up for Vickram Sewsankar on Borden Avenue and 2nd St. following his murder ( pictured on Sept. 9, 2020 — Michael Dorgan/Queens Post)

email the author: news@queenspost.com

3 Comments

Click for Comments 

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.