The Woodside/Sunnyside Community Covid-19 Food Relief Group is a collaboration of local civic, religious groups, community leaders and residents including the Mosaic Church and community leader Brent O’Leary in collaboration and with support from the LIC Community Covid-19 Relief Group to alleviate specific needs in our neighborhood and surrounding areas during this crisis and mobilize neighbors to help neighbors.
Knowing that one group cannot meet every need, we have decided to focus our efforts on the following three areas:
1. DRY GOOD COLLECTION – We will be collecting dry goods for distribution through already existing food pantries throughout western Queens at the collection site listed below. Any products that are received will be disbursed daily to local food pantries with the highest needs.
• MOSAIC CHURCH OFFICE: 46-01 43rd Avenue Sunnyside (Collection hours: Mon- Fri 5pm – 8pm)
• WOODSIDE ON THE MOVE 51-23 Queens Blvd Woodside (Collection hours: Sat- Sun 5pm – 8pm)
• BEST ITEMS TO DONATE: Follow this link for ideas about donations: https://bit.ly/39Xrz5J
2. VOLUNTEER/FINANCIAL MOBILIZATION – beginning immediately, we are building a
database of volunteers willing to serve in the multiple need areas listed below. We are also working to grow a financial base to support local business that are providing meals and subsidizing the cost of the hygiene packs and dry goods. Below are links to sign up to volunteer or to give tax-deductible donation:
• TO VOLUNTEER: email Eugenie Woo at [email protected]
Include contact info and if car is available. Needs: Meal Distribution, Food Prep, Food Collection, Transportation
• TO DONATE: https://mosaicchurchnyc.churchcenter.com/giving/to/mosaic-general .When donating use the dropdown to indicate Woodside Sunnyside Covid Relief
Donations are processed through Mosaic Church but separately accounted
For more information about financial donations email Brent O’Leary at
• FOR MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION
Visit our facebook page Woodside/Sunnyside Community Covid-19 Relief Group or contact Brent
O’Leary at [email protected]