Gianaris calls for investigation into TSA strip search

State Sen. Mike Gianaris, who wrote the New York Airline Passenger Bill of Rights, has called for an investigation dealing with the two elderly women who were allegedly strip searched by TSA officials at JFK airport.

Gianaris represents Sunnyside, Woodside, LIC and Astoria.

TSA Denies Grandmother Was Strip Searched at JFK : MyFoxNY.com

email the author: news@queenspost.com

Ben Franklin

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. – George Orwell

Sandra

Marilyn, after you have been taken to a private room by a TSA screener and told to pull down your slacks and your underpants, please come back and tell us that people need to be searched in this manner.

It’s fine until it happens to you.

velociraptor

@marilyn

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Ben is speaking about sheep like you, Marilyn.

Marilyn

In this day and age this is needed. Should they have been excluded from being searched because as they said they “dont look like terrorists?” Give me a break. If I have to be searched, your child has to be searched, your grandma has to be searched and that’s just the way it is.

Just Looking

We are letting fear rule us. I am reminded of an old saying that goes something like this: “Better one guilty person go free than nine innocent people suffer.” We seem to have forgotten that.

I was x-rayed on my way back from Florida in August. Standing there with my limbs stretched out was humiliating. It made me so angry I almost cried. But, then, I was abused as a child and am very sensitive to protecting my body from the invasive desires of others. Like my abuser, these people just decided my body was theirs to do with as they wished, because they are stronger than I am. It feels wrong.

Fisher1949

It was once said that the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped.
Hubert H. Humphrey

TSA Fails on All Counts.

Roger_the_Shrubber

these TSA people get paid to do things that would get anyone else arrested. What a great job for a sex offender.

allow_me_to_retort

Mark my words, they’ll be in the subways and shopping malls soon with their grabby little hands and x-rated scanners, groping your wife and kids.

allow_me_to_retort

Good. These goons need to be stopped, they’re out of control.

The 4th amendment means nothing to these thugs.